Sunday, November 7, 2010

Trout and egg

France's standard breakfast is toasts with butter and jam dunked in coffee. America has a tradition of either muffins, toasts or oatmeal.
So breakfast by far has been the hardest meal for me to get creative with. The easiest way for me to think about it is to remove the breakfast label and think food, food that needs to be ready fast and that needs to hold me over for a couple of hours. The biggest psychological hurdle in my opinion is vegetables. Who thinks carrot salad for breakfast? Well I do now.
This delicious pre-workout breakfast was very quick to prepare.
I quickly blanched my spinach in boiling water with some garlic. Once done, I plated it and added some smoked trout on top. I used the same pot and already hot water to prepare two poached eggs. In the meantime, I mixed some shredded carrots with thai sauce. The eggs take about 4 mins, so I'd say breakfast was ready in less than 15 min and was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment