Saturday, November 13, 2010

Banana split

 

This is another great paleo snack. You could make this at work using the microwave. I crushed a ripe banana, sprinkled it with cinnamon and microwaved it for one minute. In the meantime, I crushed a small handful of walnuts and organic 70% dark chocolate. Chocolate can create a little bit of controversy but I believe that used in moderation and as long as the chocolate does not contain bad sugars and lots of dairy, it is not harmful. This is usually the most prevalent comment that I read from other people as well. My next step is to buy raw cacao nibs!
I ended by adding a handful of blueberries and a tbsp of almond milk. With the warmth of the bananas, the chocolate started melting. This was way more satisfying than a piece of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment