Thursday, November 18, 2010

Lemon sole with parsley


Believe it or not but I made this dish as an appetizer. I wanted to try a different seafood vendor at the Farmer's market, so started by buying two "filets de sole" and a half dozen clams.
I prepared these Immediately after coming home.

I coated the fish with a little coconut flour and then pan seared the fillets on medium heT with a little olive oil and flaxseed oil. Since finishing Dr.Cordain's book, I have been blending olive oil with flaxseed oil for cooking and vinaigrettes. It improves the omega 6 to omega 3 ratio. The sole cooks fast, be careful not to overcook it. I turn it around after about 3 min, then squeeze a bit of lemon and finish by adding the parsley.

The end result was very successful. The fish was fresh and very flavorful. It was caught wild off Montauk. The coconut coating added a nice flavor and slight crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment