Saturday, November 13, 2010

Egg, sausage and cantaloupe


I recently finished Dr. Cordain's book. One of his breakfast recipes, leftover meat and canteloupe,  inspired me to buy one. 
I made some hard boiled eggs by cooking the eggs in a covered pot until the water boils and then turning off the heat and letting the eggs rest for 6 to 10 min. I like the egg yolk to be a little soft, so take my eggs out at the 6th min. In a skillet, I cooked wild boar sausages. 

This breakfast took less than 15 min. It would have been even faster with ready made hard boiled eggs. Hard boiled eggs can be kept in the fridge for a week. 

This recipe reminded me of the great produce I used to get in the South of France. The most famous canteloupes come from Cavaillon. Their taste is incomparable.  I also grew up eating lots of game meats. My dad has hunted birds, like wild duck, grouse and pheasants, venison and wild boar for as long as I can remember. He has always been extremely respectful in the process and never "over-hunted". There is a great sense of camaraderie among hunters and his friends would often give us venison, wild boar meat or homemade sausage. It is fairly hard to find wild meat, unless ordered online, so I would love to be back in France with my dad's friends giving us wild meat. 

After breakfast, we headed to Crossfit Hoboken, for an early Saturday Yoga class. The food had given me the perfect energy to flow through the poses without feeling heavy or lethargic.

No comments:

Post a Comment