Thursday, November 4, 2010

Mongolian BBQ

I am in Chicago this week for a conference. I have been amazed how accommodating restaurants are in general to prepare dishes and remove all non paleo ingredients. I have traveled a lot and a common response in a foreign country would be: "this is how it is served, up to you not to eat it!". The US is usually great for this as there is a "customer is king" mentality.
Luckily I found this great place in Chicago: Flat top grill. It's a mongolan bbq. You get to pick your veggies, meat and sauce and they cook it all on an extremely hot flat grill by only adding some water to steam the food.
They had sauces for people with allergies: garlic water, ginger water and lime basil water.
I went veggie crazy and added some pork and octopus for protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment