Monday, November 8, 2010

Provencal mussels and clams




I baked spaghetti squash yesterday afternoon. The recipe couldn't be simpler and it's really tasty and has a great texture/shape. Just bake the squash cut in half and emptied of the seeds for 40 min to an hour at 375. I sprinkled a little olive oil on my squash before covering it with aluminum foil.

I had bought a half dozen clams and half pound mussels at the market. I used the same recipe as in one of my previous posts for the seafood sauce. Since clams and mussels have different cooking times, I watched them the whole time and removed those that opened. Once cooked, I removed them from the shells to later return them all to the sauce. Instead of cubed canned tomato sauce, I used Trader Joe's marinera sauce. It gave the sauce a thicker consistency, it was delicious. And I used a Yellowtail Chardonnay.    

No comments:

Post a Comment