Friday, November 12, 2010

Baked chicken with root vegetables


I like to multi-task and use the oven for multiple dishes when possible. So at the same time I cooked my salmon, I cooked my chicken breasts with root vegetables. This lasted us for 3 meals 1/2. I had a family pack of skinless chicken breasts. I used a recipe that I love for shredded chicken and added the vegetables to create a complete meal. 

Ingredients: 
Chicken breasts (as many as you like)
2 tsp pepper
3 tbsp chopped parlsey
2 tbsp olive oil (or canola, flaxseed oil)
2 parsnips, cut in cubes
2 turnips, cut in cubes
1 onion, cut in 4
5 whole cloves garlic
1 carrot sliced
optional: chili flakes

Instructions:
Rub the chicken with olive oil and pepper. Place it in the oven pan and sprinkle with parsley. Cover the pan with aluminium foil and place in 350 degree preheated oven. After 30 min, add the vegetables and allow to cook for one more hour.
Your chicken should come out easily shreddable and juicy. This is a very low maintenance recipe with great results. Cooking many chicken breasts at a time allows for easy take to work lunches. You could swap the chicken for turkey breasts and add vegetables or your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment