Saturday, October 30, 2010

Grass-fed beef chorizo brunch

The week-end is all about brunch. Yesterday I scouted the Union Square Farmer's market and found some grass-fed beef chorizo sausages from Grazin' Angus Acres from Ghent, NY.

I happen to love chorizo. It reminds me of merguez, a spicy North African lamb sausage commonly found in France. The southwest of France is next to Spain, we eat a lot of the Spanish chorizo which is a dried salami type sausage.

I had leftover coconut pancakes from yesterday's breakfast so decided to combine this all in one yummy brunch.

We had:
- coconut pancakes, from Mark Sisson's recipe in "The Primal Blueprint cookbook".
- chorizo sausages, cooked for about 8 mins. I use a fork to poke the sausage to allow the fat to come out;
- sunny side eggs, cooked in the sausage fat.

Delicious!! I'll take pictures next time but we were too fast to eating it all up!

No comments:

Post a Comment