Saturday, October 30, 2010

30+ days of paleo diet and wanting more

I realize most people start a blog once they start the paleo diet but I was only compelled to start sharing my experiences and recipes now that I completed 30+ days of paleo.

It's been a surprisingly easy switch for my husband and I. For over a year, we had been eating mostly grass-fed meat, organic vegetables and whole wheat products. Eliminating grains, dairy and legumes seemed like a daunting task at first. I grew up in France... Tell a French person they are no longer allowed to have bread and cheese and as cliche as it sounds, it wouldn't go down well.

It all started when one of my husband's high school friends visited NY for the Tunnel to Towers Run in memory of Stephen Siller. Our friend is a firefighter himself and is extremely fit and active. Over lunch, he told us about Crossfit and the Paleo Diet. The Virginia firefighting squads all do the WODs and compare their scores. At first, we started comparing with our diet, finding that it wasn't all that different and Crossfit sounded like an awesome new workout for us to try. After a long night of drinking and scouting the LES, we woke up the next morning deciding that we would start eating paleo from that day.

It has been a great change. I feel more energetic, happier and less stressed. I am starting this blog to share tips and recipes. My parents are both great cooks and they taught me how to cook at a young age. Cooking paleo is a fun challenge. It's all about being creative and producing healthy tasty food.

No comments:

Post a Comment